Applicants applying for supervisory membership:
- must be qualified in the field of counselling and/or psychotherapy to a minimum of Level 8 in the case of Counselling and Level 9 in the case of Psychotherapy;
- must be an accredited practitioner in their field of practice for a minimum of three years and have engaged in a minimum of 1200 hours of post accreditation work in the fields of counselling or psychotherapy as appropriate;
- must have undertaken a minimum of 150 hours of supervised counsellor/psychotherapist practice post-accreditation;
- must have a minimum of 60 hours supervisory practice undertaken over a two year period and be able to verify their on-going participation in continuous professional development.
Please note that there is an administration charge of €40 (If submitting certificates verifying the successful completion of a recognised qualification in the area of Supervision ( to a minimum of Level 8 or equivalent on the NFQ), or a fee of €300 if Supervisors (with no qualification in supervision) are requested to write and submit a reflective journal for assessment purposes. (See Section 4.3)
- Please download the forms you require here.